ChessBase is the personal chess database which has become the standard throughout the world. It is the program of choice for all those who love chess and who also hope to play successfully in the future.
With ChessBase 10 we enter a new era of chess databases. With our new version, waiting for search results is just as much a thing of the past as is the worry about your database being up to date and complete. Instead of that, the whole chess cosmos is at your fingertips with ChessBase: almost four million games from the start of the history of chess until the top tournament played just a few weeks ago – whatever you would like to know, it’s all there and only the press of a button away.
Online or offline, it doesn’t matter: with ChessBase 10 you are in the heart of things straight away. Because your database automatically remains bang up to date. The online database, which has been totally restructured, shows you at a glance all the games of a specific player or the 1000 most recent games involving any specific board position. The online database retrieves the required information in less than a second (on DSL). Even the super-functions such as opening reference, opening report and dossier come up with the results at lightning speed. And the large reference database on your hard disk is regularly and totally automatically kept completely up to date. Note that the reference database is kept up to date until the end of 2008 only in the start package and the mega package, not in program updates.
ChessBase 10 openings reference
Further innovations in ChessBase 10: If you wish, ChessBase will show you only the top level games from a particular position, meaning you can get to the key games without hesitation. The extended opening reference lists frequently played variations, meaning that the theory can be grasped much more quickly than simply with individual moves. This improvement also helps the player dossier. The evaluation also lists your opponent’s opening repertoire at the same time. When kibitzing on the chess server (on one game or many), the online database can be called up with a single click. So with live broadcasts, you always have a complete overview of the opening.
Online database accessible for kibitzers on Playchess
Openings books provide, should you wish it, the replies to every move and thus give you a deeper insight into the position. For correspondence players, ChessBase 10 offers a direct link to the ICCF server. In addition: extended engine functions, improved window management, new features on the Playchess.com server, and much, much more.
Openings books with instantaneous display of replies
Please note: ChessBase 10 will start shipping on July 21, 2008
Summary: what you can do with ChessBase
- Enter, annotate and save games, including variations, text commentary, spoken comments, embedded pictures, soundtracks and even video sequences;
- analyse position with GM-strength chess engines Fritz and Crafty (both included);
- retrieve games according to openings, players and tournaments;
- generate tournament cross tables and full graphic statistics of players or openings;
- merge games on-the-fly into an opening tree;
- generate a player’s dossier containing all available information from the database;
- find the new move in a game with one mouse click;
- generate a comprehensive openings report with main and critical lines, plans and most important games;
- search for material distribution, positions and manoeuvres, mates and stalemates;
- classify games according to self-defined middle and endgame criteria;
- print games in superb DTP quality with diagrams and multiple columns; automatic email transmission of positions, games or databases;
- team championship or correspondence chess management;
- integrated Chess Media System.
New in ChessBase 10.0
- New integrated online database with millions of games, kept topical and up-to-date by ChessBase;
- split-second online search results (DSL);
- automatic update of your local reference database (Big or Mega) with the weekly instalments of games;
- display of games and moves with statistics in tree style;
- optional restriction to quality games in all searches;
- openings references include an overview of common variations;
- new search booster for super-fast results;
- openings books with instantaneous display of replies;
- fast-and-easy preparation for any specific players, with tree display and games;
- player dossier with improved openings references;
- direct access to the ICCF server for correspondence chess games;
- new engine functions, e.g. display of discarded lines;
- new functions for the chess server: e.g. online database accessible for kibitzers, ECO codes in the games lists, tactics training, full Chess 960 support.
- In addition: new look with high-resolution pieces, improved window management.
- Minimum: Pentium 1 GHz, 512 MB RAM, Windows Vista or Windows XP (Service Pack 2), DVD ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9.
- Recommended: PC Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Windows Vista 64, GeForce8 graphics card (or compatible) with 256 MB RAM or higher, 100% DirectX compatible sound card, Windows Media Player 11, DVD ROM drive.